Saturday, July 25, 2015

PRESCRIPTION FOR DISASTER: the Funny Side of Falling Apart by Candace LaFleur

Prescription for Disaster: The funny side of falling apart

PRESCRIPTION FOR DISASTER: the Funny Side of Falling Apart  by Candace LaFleur

I previously did an author interview with Candace, and you can read it HERE.

What can I say about this book that hasn't already been said? It's funny, it's sad, all at the same time. Being born with a rare congenital disease, Toxoplasmosis, I can relate to some of what Candace has gone through. I, too, have been used as a case study, paraded in front of medical colleagues for everyone to exam the freak of nature. In my case, instead of being born mentally handicapped, which most children are, my disease attacked the optical nerves in my eyes.  Because of experimentation by my infamous eye doctor, I ended up with tunnel vision, dead spots in my eyes caused from nerve damage, and lack of perspective.  Just so he could write a case study with his name on it. I was fifteen at the time. They have a name for it now, iatrogenic disease.   

Reader Warning: Do not read with food or drink in your mouth.  You will inevitably end up snorting it out your nose.  Seriously, I was snorting so bad I sounded like a pig.  So, be aware of your surroundings.  You don’t want your boss catching you reading, when you should be working.   My favorite anecdotes were the changing room with the sweater.  Oh my.  I could just see that happening to me.  And then there was the falling elevator.  I was almost rolling on the floor. I haven’t laughed that hard over a book in many years.  Well done, and I'm looking forward to book 2. I highly recommend this book, and give it 5 feathers.



No comments:

Post a Comment