Wednesday, July 1, 2015

HEAVENSGATE by Leo Kane


Heavensgate: Book 1 'Hope'


HEAVENSGATE by Leo Kane

I recently did a character interview with Jacob and Jake on my blog, and after that encounter, I knew I had to put the book on my TBR list.  I was expecting a dark and twisted tale, and I wasn't disappointed. At times my brain felt like a can of writhing worms as Leo Kane took me through the convoluted mind of Jacob Anderson.

I really liked Leo Kane's writing style, so full of descriptive prose. I read several sentences more than once, just to savior the words.  I really felt like I was a part of the story and got to know and understand each of the different characters.  As the author revealed more and more of Jacob/Jake’s life, I began to empathize with him and realized he was a victim as much as being a victimizer.   


I only have two complaints. One, the story bounced back and forth from past to present. It was confusing at times, and I think the author became confused too, as I found some inconsistences in the time line. My second complaint was the ending.  It ended with a sizzle instead of a bang.  I was expecting a bang, so I was left feeling disappointed.

But, all in all, I liked the story, and with a little bit of editing, this would be a really great book. Not bad for a first novel and I would definitely read other books from this author.  I give it 4 feathers.


Joseph Nogucci Valentine's Day Bracelet Crystal Gifts


No comments:

Post a Comment